Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Monday, April 11, 2011

HOLA FROM GUATEMALA!!!
Well where to start!! So much has happened this week!! My companion is soo sweet I love him! He is a really good trainer and a really hard worker!! My Spanish has gotten tonnnnns better!! I met someone who spoke English and seriously for the first minute of it it was hard to speak English because my mind was only thinking Spanish, it was crazy!! All I speak is Spanish all day and I love it!! I actually have an hour out here in the field so its not as stressful! No the people we live above aren't members of the church but they are really nice Catholics.. so nothing to be worried about haha. Thats awesome dad is sitting at the computer doing that i knew he would be haha.. i can definitely still picture it. The main part of the city is split up into two different areas central and centro.  We are actually in the central not the centro. Yes my area includes the parque central.. our area is HUGE one of the biggest in the mission!! Before I left, Dad and I looked at  a picture of a street with a walk way connecting two buildings.  Its  an orange color, that building is in my mission.  Our house isn't very close to that part of the city but we still go there sometimes. There are tons of fruit stands and yes you can buy from them but you have to soak them in a clorox water mix before you can eat them and we haven't bought any yet!! They look really good though!! There are thousands of them here! We can see the volcano on a clear day and if we are on top of somethings because there are too many buildings in the city! Its huge and beautiful!! I have some pictures I will send them next week for sure! If i had to guess I'd say I'm closer to the presidents house than the temple but where we live is like right in the middle. I have yet to see the train but I bet its as safe as the buses hahaa the buses are crazy here they rule the road. They don't stop for anyone or anything.  Its awesome.  Dad has to come here someday.  I have not received my package yet but I did receive the pictures and they were awesome.  I do still need a phone card i think I'm not real positive but better safe then sorry.  I'm glad Dad is finally home, that makes me feel better it seems like he has been gone forever!! You could probably find my house.  Its 14 calle, avenida or avenue centro america b. 14-71 is the house number! You can at least see pretty close to where I am everyday!! That is way way sweet about Hillcrest!  I  hope they keep it up! I don't think I need anything the city pretty much has everything, just have to find it and don't always have a lot of time to walk into the heart of the city and garments here are a quarter is crazy, they are soooo cheap.  I'm sorry to hear about Bailey though, that really must be hard!! Just try to be grateful that you have medical care so close and so nice! Ii will keep praying for her I know she will get better! This week we have been meeting with a lot of members trying to get referrals and stuff because our area is huge.  We found these 2 families living together.  The Gonzalez famila and the Robles familia.  There are 4 kids that are all baptized and both the grandparents are baptized but the 4 parents are not! They are Catholic! They are super smart and really extremely nice! You can tell they want to believe but they feel obligated to stay with the Catholic church.. we taught them for 2 hours just answering some of the questions they had.  The spirit was really strong and after we invited them to church and they actually came it was awesome!! We sat next to them, then my companion and I got up and bore our testimony's in the meeting.  It was really cool.  Afterward we talked to them some more and they seemed a lot more interested and didn't have as many questions.  Tomorrow we are going back to teach them again!! We are going to teach about prophets and the priesthood authority we have in our church!  After church my companion and I and 4 other guys from the ward went and visited a member.  He has been sick for 20 days but can't afford to go to the hospital.  Then he also fell down some stairs and really hurt his knee. His son is on a mission and he lives alone.  Since he has been sick and hurt he cant go to work. He is really struggling so we took him the sacrament and gave him a blessing then after we had like a little testimony meeting it was sooo awesome!! The spirit can be anywhere with anyone if you only have faith.  I challenge you guys that no matter how hard times get or whatever happens, be grateful for what you have because some of the people here have nothing at all and would really give their life to have anything like we have in the states. They are still so happy and still give us food and still ask if we need anything when they can barely afford to buy for their family.  Just always remember how lucky you are and stop and count your blessings because the positive will always outweigh the negative always! I love you all so much.. and thanks for you support! Its awesome! I'm so thankful to have an amazing family and friends! I hope this week is awesome for you all! Love you tons until next week!
Con Amor
Elder Lewis 

No comments:

Post a Comment