Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

hola hola hola familia
 
Well this is it the start of the new adventure!! Yesterday we left the MTC and went to the presidents house we had a meeting with him and then just played some games.  It was really fun, we ate lunch there then had interviews with him and then went to the temple!! The president is amazing!! Seriously he has got to be the coolest guy ever I'm sad he will be leaving soon but I guess the next one will be just as good! I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey! I will definitely pray for her every night! I put her name on the prayer list yesterday in the temple! Its pretty interesting how parents can receive revelation about their children.  I will pray everyday!! Just like always! Prayer is worthless without faith,  well maybe not worthless, but still...I know you all already know that, but just make sure you exercise faith everyday that the our Heavenly Father will answer our prayers! I received those pictures from Baileys birth in the mail on Saturday i believe I loved them sooooo much.  Getting pictures is the best thing in the world! She is soo cute! I can't wait to receive more! All of you looked like you were doing awesome!! Its pretty sad that I couldn't be there but I promise being here is worth it! Conference was amazing!! I have never ever been so..... interested I guess you could say.  I was like on the edge of my seat the whole time... thats a little embarrassing to admit but as a missionary those are some of the things that happen to you.  It was amazing how inspired... all of the talks were about service and charity and love and marriage and hope and faith. The list goes on and on but they were awesome! I was dumb and forgot all my notes when I came to email and I was going to share some quotes I really liked but oh well, one of them was that the future is only as bright as your faith.  That is the most true thing I have ever heard.  The Lord will answer your prayers with faith and that will definitely make your future brighter! I loved Elder Hollands talk at the end as well it was amazing, he is a powerful guy! Well anyway today I met my companion.  Every new missionary in the mission got a gringo trainer or an American trainer that speaks English but...... i was the only one who got a Latino who only speaks Spanish.  It will be a challenge but I've only known him for about 6 hours now and he seems really sweet! Everyone stayed in the city which is really weird.  Our zone consists of all the new missionaries!! Its the first time they have ever done it that way!! I'm in the zone called centro its pretty crazy here.  Tons of people, its like a version of NYC! Its pretty crazy we live in the upstairs of some peoples house.  They are super super nice!! We also are opening a new area, so that will be interesting.  We've got our work cut out for us.... but it will be fun!! Elder Hymas and I are in the same district (my old comp).  Its only me and my companion and he and his companion.  That is another thing that is super weird!! But it will be fun! I'm excited to start this new adventure! I will definitely learn alot because it sure is alot different then anything I have ever experienced.  I found our that expectation is the surest way to kill happiness!  My companions name is Elder Vasquez and he is actually a native of Guatemala! He is a nice guy and has been out 14 months! Keep  us in your prayers! I love you guys tons and tons! I know you guys are praying for me always because I can feel it! I love you all more then you can know and I will write every Monday from now on.  And I was dumb again and forgot the address you guys are supposed to write me on ( hand letters)  but I will try to remember next week.  All the mail just goes to the office or the pouch po box so you guys might already have it.  It wont change my whole mission so that's good! Love you all! Especially you mom and dad thanks for everything! Until next week
con amor
Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment