Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Letter from March 30, 2011!

Sounds like everything is going great at home!! That is awesome about the FHE thing I'm glad I could be of some help! But yes I leave April 5 its pretty crazy that the real adventure begins!! Not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous all week and still am a little.  Yesterday we had an awesome experience.  We got to go out proselyting for 2 hours,   just with our north american companion. Three weeks ago we got to do the same thing but with a latino campanion and I didn't really talk much cuz I didn't have to! But this time it was awesome for the first half hour we couldn't get anyone to talk to us but after that we found so many that were so interested.  We helped some guys push their truck down the road then talked to them and gave them a book of mormon and they said that they would go to church.  It was awesome! We talked to 16 people and got 11 referecnes that wanted to hear more! We went out into a foregin world that speaks a language that neither of us spoke very well but by having faith we were able to speak and teach people about the true gospel of Jesus Christ!! It was amazing.  Its quite the different world here!! Everyone is soooo nice and so loving!! As we were walking back we saw one of the guards that I had talked to three weeks ago  (well my companion talked to) and so I went and asked him how he was doing and if he had read the pamphlet we gave him.. he went and got it out of his bag and said yes all done. He had marked it and asked me a few questions about it.. I gave him a book of mormon and a another pamphlet...he was really excited.  I  told him about conference and he said he was going to watch and go to church.. he is definitely  prepared. You can tell the Lord has prepared him for the gospel.  He was awesome. My P day out in the field will either be Monday or Tuesday I'm not sure yet but one of the two! This Tuesday we go to the mission home and meet with the mission president and the trainers and then we sleep either at the mission home or at the ccm one more night.  Then tuesday we meet our trainer and head out! I'm really excited,  it will be awesome I'll actually have some stories to write about.  The ccm is pretty repetitive!! I can't believe I have been gone for 2 months,  that's pretty crazy!! You can kinda tell I have been gone awhile because this week is general conference and I have never been so excited in my life hahah! Its like the Super Bowl or the World Series of a mission its the best it gets! Thats awesome about Hillcrest.  I haven't stopped missing baseball thats for sure.  Watching it I wont miss too bad but playing it I definitely miss that part!!  Keep me posted on them. I can't believe it snowed again.  We have beautiful weather its about 75 80 all the time and always sunny! Its awesome! I suggest to you guys that this Saturday and Sunday you guys take notes during General Conference,  that will really help!! Don't only take notes on what they are saying but of any impressons you feel while you watching, because the thing that really teaches you is the Holy Ghost and it will teach you all things! I read this really great poem this week and it says ... you are the fellow that has to decide, whether you'll you do it or toss it aside... you are the fellow who makes up his your mind, whether you'll lead or linger behind... whether you'll try for the goal thats afar or just be content to stay where you are. Take it or leave it... heres something to do... just think it over is all up to you.    Nobody here will compel you to rise, no one will force you to open you eyes, no one will answer for you...yes or no... whether to stay there or whether to go, life is a game, but its you who must say...whether to cheat or as a sportsman you'll play...fate may betray you, but you settle first.... whether to live to your best or your worst, so whatever it is you are wanting to be, remember, to fashion the choice you are free, kindly or selfish, or gentle or strong, keeping the right way or going the wrong... careless of honor or guarding your pride, all these are questions which you must decide.  Its your selection whatever you do, the thing men call character is all up to you!  I really love that because it really is our choice... no one can do things for us!! And if they do then did we really learn for ourselves.... no we really didn't!! So just remember that!! Its mostly for younger people but I love it and I thought Brad and Krista really would to! Krista and Will (and Bailey) I really encourage you to watch conference this week.  Prophets live and God truly does talk through them!! Just like the prophets in the Bible, our prophet has the same power.  It really is amazing and it will bless you and your families life more than anything.. I love all of you so much!! And everyday I'm so thankful for my family and for my trials I have gone through that make me the person I am now!! I love you tons please continue to pray for me!! Until next time!!  Love you tons! con amor Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment