Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hello everyone!!! letter from March 15th 2011!

So before I start my letter I have some pretty good news!!! ME AND MY COMPANION ELDER HYMAS ARE THE NEW ASSISTANTS TO THE PRESIDENT!! Pretty awesome!! They called us yesterday, kind of took me by surprise!! Its going to be awesome! Definitely hard work tho! We are in charge of giving everyone assignments for church and large group meetings and zone meetings and we have to conduct every meeting.  This Saturday a huge primary group is coming in and we have to give an hour long presentation to them and stuff, it will be a challenge but it should help my Spanish! I'm really excited it will be an awesome experience!! But anyway..
I am emailing today because all the missionaries left today except us so we got to go out on the town!! It was awesome! We got to go to this huge map of Guatemala like the size of a football field! It was a topographical map that was 3d. It showed all of the elevations and all of the lakes and a bunch of sweet stuff! The south mission, where I will be, actually has tons of mountains!! After that we went to the marcado it was awesome!! I don't really even know how to explain it! Tons of people lined up right next to each other selling tons of homemade things. It is crazy, imagine like the amazing race where they have to find like certain things in a huge market!! Now I understand why it is so hard! Everything is so cheap here but they raise the price for gringos.  Its pretty funny, you can watch a native buy something for 30 quetz but they will try to sell it to you for 50, so you have to do a little bargaining.. but  that makes it fun! I bought two soccer jerseys and a sweet sweater! They had some really awesome carvings and stuff that I wanted to buy to send home to the grandma's but we are not allowed to send packages from the ccm so I'll wait till I get in the field! Dad I think you would love it here, they have some crazy fruit that I've never even seen before! They have grapefruit the size of my head! And the avocados are crazy big too. One thing I know you wouldn't like tho dad and especially mom is the driving!! They are serioulsy so crazy!! I don't know how to even explain it. But dont worry I took some videos that I will send home with my memory card sometime.  They dont stop for pedestrians here, and the roads are sooo skinny.  Itts seriously a whole different world! After the market we went to the mall!! The whole town, not gonna lie is pretty ghetto but the mall is seriously the nicest mall I've ever been in.  Its nicer then any mall in utah.. I'm serious it isnt a exageration at all its huge and so fancy!! I loved it but its so much different being a missionary, you can tell how bad the world is ha! But I have a really funny story. My companion and I were talking to this guy about the restoration and families and stuff and there was this girl kinda behind him and as we were talking to him she was kind of eyeing us and stuff so after we talked to that guy I talked to her cuz she looked interested so we talked for like 5 minutes I left her with a pamphlet and in return she gave me a piece of paper so I look at it and it was her phone number.. so she wasnt interested in the gospel after all.... hahahaha.  It was pretty funny the hermanas in our district thought it was hilarious and it was pretty funny!! The people here love seeing white people it seems like they treat us like celebrities. At the market this old guy came up to us and said he was a member and invited us to dinner but we told him we couldnt because we were still in the ccm but we got his addresss and he lives in the south mission so i kinda already have my first dinner appointment! For lunch I ate taco bell and Mcdonalds haha i didnt really think i would miss american food but i kind of do!! The food is actually really good tho!! this week has been really good! I'm glad I only have three weeks left tho so I can get out and actually do what I came here to do the most of! and ill have more to write about! we get new nortes and new latinos this week so that will be cool.. I hope you all had an awesome week!! I've been praying for you all 
I love you tons and thanks so much for all the support I receive!! I hope Krista is staying healthy and that she is getting plenty of rest!! 
I cant wait to get pictures of the new baby when it comes!! That will be exciting! Oh I almost forgot, our district got to meet with Elder Clark of the Quorum of the Seventy of Central America.  It was awesome! He is an amazing guy!! He shook my hand and said you're from Idaho so you are supposed to be the best we have, so don't let me down!! It was a little intimidating but it was really cool! He is sooo nice I love him! Love you all so much!! Sorry I emailed today I wish I could have let you know but we didnt know till just the other day!! Love you tons!! Thanks for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment